Welcome to The Sharp End (Senior's Health & Active Retirement Project).
Monthly Walk visiting Regents Park Thursday 23rd May,
Meet at Dalston Junction at 10am to leave sharply at 10:15.
Contact office on 0207 923 0350 for further details.
Active Men’s Project
Classes for men will commence from Spring 2013 to recharge your batteries through challenging cardio classes aimed at building strength, energy and general fitness, through to gentle Tai Chi sessions.
Men only classes can be found in various locations around the borough. Contact us to learn more and to register your interest.
The Sharp End: Fitness, fun and healthy living for people over 50
We are a friendly and welcoming healthy living centre for people aged 50 or over. We offer a wide range of weekly activities. You can join the Sharp End for as little as £1.67* per week. You can attend as many sessions as you like. Or, you can pay by the session (£3.00 per session). Try it out for free for the first week
* payable quarterly in advance (i.e. £20 for 12 weeks) or £65 for the full year. Drop in £3 per session.
Click here to see our weekly programme
Contact us by phone on 020 7923 0350
Gift Vouchers now available for family & friends to treat a loved one to either quarterly or annual membership.
What do our members think of us?
We have over 200 active members. Below are the results from our last members survey (Dec 2012)
- 94% of our members are happy with our sessions/ activities
- Over 87% reported maintenance or improvement in their emotional and/or physical wellbeing within the past 3 months
- 70% of our members feel involved in the services they receive from TSE
- 0% of our members had no unplanned hospital admissions the past 3 months
- 11% of our members still feel isolated sometimes,
- Members spend up to two hours per week at TSE beyond their class time
- In the first 6 months of 2012 LBH funded classes 12 average per class attendance, PCT funded 14 per class.
Registered Charity Number: 1054116
Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales : Number 3140955
“Sometimes when you wake up in the morning with all your aches and pains, you don’t feel like coming out, but when you come here you forget all about it until you get home.”